SPORTS & RECREATION OFFICER
Purpose of the Job
Develop, promote, support and coordinate sports and recreation programs and services for the benefit of the stadium clientele and community.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Initiate, organize and coordinate local and international sports and recreation events and services such as community functions, sporting competitions, school holiday programs and cultural activities.
- Develop and administer sports and recreation policy.
- Prepare and administer budgets and resource allocation.
- Coordinate and arrange meetings and venues.
- Liaise with parents, schools, local sporting organizations, religious leaders social workers, community groups and individuals about programs and facilities.
- Support the delivery of sports and recreation programs.
- Write proposals, evaluations and correspondences.
- Responsible for the maintenance, repair and upkeep of the stadium arena and its surrounding (Arena, Courts, Equipment, Grounds and Gardens); liaise with specialist service providers
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of sports equipment, tools and machinery in accordance to safety at work procedures and manufacturer’s safety recommendations as well as inventory.
- Ensures and supervises the maintenance and preparation of the grounds and sports facilities including marking of the grounds for various sports activities, maintaining seating areas.
- To observe and report any equipment or work situations considered to be unsafe and make suggestions for changes or improvements to meet changing requirements and / or circumstances.
- Establish and administer policies & procedures for events and coordinate event activities with other departments and external clients.
- Set-up sports equipment in the stadium and ensure their proper use and operation.
- Keep management informed of the various national and international sports regulations so as to keep the stadium operations within limits.
- Ensure safe custody of all sports equipment and facilities at the stadium and keep an up dated register of these.
- Oversee the maintenance of the sports equipment and facilities in the stadium.
- Liaison with the business Development Manager to assist in development of program delivery.
- Any other duties as assigned to you from time to time.
SALES & MARKETING EXECUTIVE
Purpose of the Job
Coordination of confirmed events from initial booking to follow up of all past event.
To support the Sports and Recreation Officer and the Business Department Manager to develop concepts and in the running of the Business Development and Marketing department
Responsibilities / Duties
- Planning & implementing direct marketing activity, implement project plans, documenting time lines, strategy, format and functionality, within set budgets;
- Compile and maintain database of all clients, agencies and potential clients.
- Contact prospective clients by phone and personal call
- Prioritize incoming inquiries and business and convert into live business
- Support in preparation of marketing collaterals, mail shots, events, newsletter and assist in maintenance of website and other methods of communicating with clients.
- Produce and review (monthly and weekly) sales targets against budgets.
- Support the sales and marketing strategy to maximize business sales and profitability.
- Effective liaison/communication with operations regarding functions/events.
- Meet sales revenue targets and prepare monthly reports for management.
- Promoting Sports and Recreation Events/ Activities
- Represent and network the company in a professional manner.
- Undertake any other duties that may be assigned to you from to time.
- Understands sports, recreation, conference, meeting and banqueting market
- Sales experience
- Ability to identify and develop business opportunities using products, services or clients relation.
- Ability to set and focus on delivery of targets
- Initiative and self-drive
- Ability to construct and present to potential clients.
||Bachelor's Degree in Marketing
Knowledge, Skills and Experience (Essential)
- Interpersonal skills
- Good oral and written communication.
- Numeracy and analytical ability.
- IT skills.
- Business and commercial acumen.
|Knowledge, Skills and Experience (Desirable)
- Able to develop and manage projects from concept to launch
- Accurate and timely delivery of information
- Meeting deadlines and operating within budget
- Creativity and imagination.
- Team work.
|Minimum Experience (Years)
- Two (2) years of relevant experience
Closing Date: 13th November 2017